Ensure optimal code quality to achieve maximum development and maintenance benefits
Q-Care is a system that automatically inspects source code to highlight any code quality issues, for example redundant code, complex code lines or even unacceptable naming conventions being used. Such a process is known as code certification: code is certified as being sufficient quality when it is inspected and no such issues exist.
Q-Care supports a range of input languages, including C#, VB.NET, Java, SQL (PL/SQL and T/SQL) and COBOL. Due to the design of Q-Care, support for further languages can be added easily.
Coding rules are completely customizable according to specific customer requirements. They are written in a language-independent way and can be paramterized, according to the requirements of a particular development stage.
Three base editions of Q-Care are available:
- Developer Edition: Q-Care is deployed as a network service and individual developers gain access through add-ins to Visual Studio or Eclipse IDEs.
- Manager Edition: Q-Care is made available in a central location and is integrated with the source code repository, e.g. to SVN, FTP or a network folder. Code certifications are commissioned by a Quality Manager, who can view various reports about the status of the code and maintain a history of code certifications.
- Enterprise Edition: this is a combination of the above two options, allowing an enterprise-grade quality enforcement solution across the organisation.
Software quality is a critical success factor in the development and maintenance of software applications. Good quality code leads to easier development and maintenance, resulting in lower overall costs. However, due to the heterogeneity of modern business systems, manual inspection methods are not sufficient. The advantages of Q-Care can be realised as follows:
- Increased development productivity;
- Faster time-to-market for new developments;
- Potential significant cost savings over the lifetime of software development;
- Comprehensive reporting on the quality status and history of development;
- Simple day-to-day management;
- Fully customizable rule definitions, allowing almost any coding issue to be recognized;
- Flexible installation options depending on specific customer requirements.